Gun Safety Rules
1. ALWAYS POINT THE BARREL IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
2. KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER, and outside the trigger guard, until ready to fire in the station.
3. KEEP THE ACTION OPEN AND FIREARM UNLOADED UNTIL READY TO USE. On a sporting clays course, skeet or trap field this means the shooters are in a station on the course or at the post on the field.
4. KNOW HOW THE FIREARM OPERATES.
5. BE SURE THE FIREARM AND AMMUNITION ARE COMPATIBLE.
6. CARRY ONLY ONE GAUGE OF AMMUNITION WHEN SHOOTING. When at a shooting range with more than one firearm, use one at a time and when complete, store that firearm and it ammunition before using the next one.
7. BE SURE OF THE TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND. When on shooting ranges, be mindful of adjacent areas and act accordingly.
8. WEARING EAR AND EYE PROTECTION IS MANDATORY.
9. DO NOT MIX ALCOHOL OR DRUGS WITH SHOOTING ACTIVITIES.
10. BE AWARE THAT CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL RULES.
11. Know and obey all gun club commands and rules.
12. Know where others are at all times.
13. Shoot only at authorized targets.
14. Unload, open the action when done shooting at a station.
15. Do NOT handle any firearm or stand at the firing line where firearms are present while others are down range.
16. Always keep the barrel pointed down, away from self and others. Never allow the barrel to point in any direction whereby an inadvertent discharge would allow the escape of a projectile into an outer area.
17. Be mindful of other shooters shooting at different stations and use common courtesy rules when out on the course or trap/skeet field.